Saturday, July 14, 2012

Why Does choosing A Secondary insurance to Medicare Have to be so Complicated?

--What Is Medicare Part B of Why Does choosing A Secondary insurance to Medicare Have to be so Complicated?--
Advertisements

Why Does choosing A Secondary insurance to Medicare Have to be so Complicated?

Are you Medicare eligible? Did you think I am now on Medicare life is going to so easy from now on? Were you ready for the red tape and duplicate talk you had to way through to find the right plan for you? If you have answered yes or no to any of these questions, read on.

Why Does choosing A Secondary insurance to Medicare Have to be so Complicated?

I am an thoughprovoking person. I honestly know more about curative insurance than most people. I have worked in curative Billing for over (15) years. I now have now entered into a zone of the unknown.

I have to pick a secondary insurance to my Medicare Part A. Part A is for hospital inpatient. The part I must pick is for my Medicare Part B. This is for all inpatient needs. Example: Doctors visits, inpatient surgery, ambulance, laboratory, x-ray, etc.

The group protection office someone who signed me up for Medicare handed me a booklet with all you ever wanted to know about Medicare.

Medicare Part B was pages long and even with my insight of curative billing and insurance plans I was overwhelmed.

I now have started asking my family and friends who are on Medicare what plan they have chosen for their Part B or Part C which is a Hmo or Ppo.

Medicare Part C: This is a mixture of Medicare Part A and B = C

Ppo - beloved provider Organization: You can use doctors out of network but the cost will be higher.

I will tell you I have received answers. I think I have heard all the versions. My brother-in-law chose an advantage Ppo Plan because he received a Ywca free membership. He is networked through a Clinic close to his home and all his doctors are represented in this one building. He is very happy with his decision.
Example: He had an inpatient surgery and his out of pocket expense was 0.00. This expense was for his plan. It will be different for you. He also pays a .00 copay which each curative visit.

Hmo - condition Maintenance Organization: You are in a network and use the doctor's and curative facilities in the contracted organization. You can not pick you own doctor.

I spoke to a friend and English is her second language. She went to her group protection appointment on her own. She decided on a Hmo Plan. She chose Kaiser since she had been with Kaiser for (20) years. She could keep her own doctors and her life will still be the same.

Medicare Part B:

I have been leaning towards Aarp they have (6) plans to pick from. I decided on the best plan they had which is more costly than the Hmo or Ppo Plans. This plan according to Aarp will cover all my curative expenses. I will never have to pay out of pocket. We will wait and see.

Thank you for reading my article. Please feel free to read my other articles on numerous subjects.

Copyright Linda E. Meckler 2007

share the Facebook Twitter Like Tweet. Can you share Why Does choosing A Secondary insurance to Medicare Have to be so Complicated?.


No comments:

Post a Comment